Desi ghee has always been a part of the Indian diet and It is a must dairy item in every kitchen in India.
Desi ghee is the most in-demand dairy product across India and in a few other countries as well.
According to Ayurveda, It is believed that desi ghee from a cow is the best for the human diet. It is considered as Rasayana, rejuvenation and longevity-promoting food.
Cow ghee is a rich source of vitamin a which is essential for eyesight, body growth, bone metabolism and immune function.
Here’s our top three quick recommendation from the long list based on customer experience and feedback.
Editors Top Picks – Bestselling Ghee Brands in India
In case you don’t have much time then you can simply click and choose any one from our picks. Keep reading…
We can also prepare ghee at home buy purchasing cow’s milk or buffalo’s milk and then make a curd first and from curd, you can work further and make ghee out of it.
Making ghee at home is a long and tedious process. And the easy solution is to buy ready-made ghee from top Indian brands.
Hence for this post, We have looked into more than 30 top dairy companies in India to come up with a collection of pure and healthy ghee options for you.
List of 12 Best Desi Ghee in India in Jun 2021
We have created a list of best cow and buffalo desi ghee available in Indian market considering the top brands which makes great dairy products and customer reviews.
- Patanjali Cow Ghee
- Nestle Everyday Shahi Cow Ghee
- Nandini Pure Cow Ghee
- Mother Dairy Cow Ghee
- Brijmohan A2 Desi Buffalo Ghee
- Aashirvaad Svasti Ghee
- Amul Pure Ghee
- Ananda Gopaljee Ananda Pure Ghee Pack
- BRIJ GWALA Bihari Ji Desi Ghee Jar
- Sri Sri Tattva Cow’s Pure Ghee
- Kapiva A2 Shudh Desi Ghee
- Shahji Buffalo Desi Ghee
Keep reading to get more information about each ghee mentioned in the list.
1. Patanjali Cow Desi Ghee ( पतंजलि गाय का देसी घी)
First in the list, we have Patanjali Cow’s Ghee a product from Patanaji Ayurved available on Amazon India and Flipkart.
Patanjali Cow ghee is full of healthful qualities and recommended part of an ideal diet for those want to gain weight. Cow ghee improves memory power, intellect power, the power of digestion, and fat.
- This ghee helps to calm pitta and Vaat in the body.
- The shelf life of Patanjali cow ghee is 9 Months.
- This ghee contains saturated fat that is primarily 89% short-chain fatty acids, compared with the longer chain with other animal fats.
- Consumption of Patanjali ghee helps in hormone production & strengthening the cells membranes.
- Help to boost energy and detoxify the body.
2. Nestle Everyday Shahi Cow Ghee (Direct from Punjab)
Nestle Everyday Shahi pure cow ghee is second in the list from the brand Nestle.
Show Cow Ghee is 100% pure and untouched by hand and hygienically packed for the consumers.
- Made with love in Punjab
- Packaged using methods to maintain the flavour and aroma of the pure ghee.
- Ghee has a delightful aroma and creamy granular texture.
Check deals on Amazon India by clicking here.
3. Nandini Pure Cow Ghee
Nandini Pure Ghee, made from cow’s milk by utilising common procedures and meeting stringent quality tests.
They follow traditional procedures to make ghee known as Bilona method. You can feel the taste of innocence is what Nandini brand wants you to have. The desserts and recipes made using this ghee are delicious and mouthwatering.
This comes with special grade Agmark. Click on the link and read more about the product.
4. Mother Dairy Cow Ghee
Mother Dairy is pretty old and trusted brand for dairy products like Butter, Mishti Doi, Paneer, Dahi, Ghee, Cheese, UHT Milk, Probiotic Products, Lassi & Flavoured Milk in India.
- This is good quality ghee made from cow milk.
- Good source of energy
- The goodness of Vitamin A
- Great taste.
- Superfast delivery with Amazon Pantry.
5. Brijmohan A2 Desi Ghee Made from Buffalo Milk
Brijmohan A2 Desi Ghee is 100% Genuine Grass-Fed Indigenous Buffalo A2 Milk Desi Ghee. It is made from buffalo milk which comes directly from the farmers. Processed in advanced and hygienic Dairy Farm.
- 100% Pure Unadulterated Ghee
- Ghee has a standard rich aroma.
- It has a granular texture which makes it look like homemade ghee.
- You get 100% pure butterfat in this ghee as it comes from grass-fed happy and strong buffalo milk.
- It is free from sugar, gluten and lactose.
- This ghee is rich in calcium and mineral-like magnesium and phosphorus.
- It has Omega-3’s, CLA, Vitamins A, D and B12.
Click to view offers on Amazon India on Brijmohan ghee.
Also Read Related Post – Best Cooking Oil in India
6. Aashirvaad Svasti Pure Cow Ghee
Aashirvaad is a brand of essential food and kitchen ingredients owned by ITC Limited. The Aashirvaad range of products includes Atta, Salt, Spices, Dairy Products and Instant mixes.
Aashirvaad Svasti pure cow ghee is made from a special process which improves ghee’s natural aroma and overall taste.
- Made using a special Slocook process.
- Rich Aroma and taste with consistent quality.
- 4.4 rating on Amazon India with 500+ reviews.
Check deals on Amazon India before buying it.
7. Amul Pure Ghee ( The Taste of India)
Amul is an Indian dairy collaborative society, based at Anand, Gujarat. The company was formed in the year 1946.
Amul deals in various dairy products like Milk, Roti Softener, Puffles, Bread Spreads, Cheese, Ice Cream, Paneer, Dahi etc. the list is pretty long.
I am sure whenever you hear this name Amul, in the background, you start singing Amul the taste of India. Relatable isn’t it?
- Amul Ghee is made from pure cream and it has a regular rich aroma with a granular texture.
- Amul Ghee is a rich source of Vitamin A, D, E and K.
- Ghee helps in muscle movements, strengthen the sense organs, nourish the skin and enhances the complexion of the body.
8. Ananda Gopaljee Ananda Pure Ghee Pack
Ananda Ghee is an ethnic product made by Ananda who is listed in best dairy products manufacturers and suppliers companies in India. They offer dairy items such as milk, Dahi, paneer etc.
- Ananda Ghee is a rich source of vitamins A and D, antioxidants, Omega 3 and CLA.
- It is Lactose-Free.
- Ghee boasts bioavailable vitamin A.
- Ananda ghee contains has fatty acid name as Conjugated Linolenic Acid in it.
9. BRIJ GWALA Bihari Ji Desi Ghee Jar
The tag line says, Khao Pure Jiyo Pure.
Bihari ji is ISO certified company in India which provides various dairy products across India.
- Ghee help multiply the taste manifold.
- Rich Aroma help increase the richness of the flavour
- It provides vitality to the human body.
Click to find the best offer price on Amazon India.
10. Sri Sri Tattva Cow’s Pure Ghee (गाय का शुद्ध घी)
Sri Sri Tattva has been established by committed individuals with nearly four decades of experience. The company’s vision to promote health and wellness to every household.
They deal in products like Ojasvita which is a health drink, Sudanta Toothpaste, Cow’s Pure Ghee, Honey and more.
Sri Sri Tattva Ghee is made using the finest quality cow’s milk in the cleanest and reliable conditions to ensure its pureness and quality.
- It enhances immunity and supplies to better nutrition.
- It helps to control the cholesterol level.
- It helps in better digestion.
Great offers on Amazon India, Click to see Cow’s Ghee Price.
11. Kapiva A2 Shudh Desi Ghee
Kapiva’s A2 Shudh Desi Ghee is made from the milk of Tharparkar Cows – a breed original to the Thar Desert.
Kapiva ghee is prepared using a three-thousand-year-old Vedic method called Bilona meaning hand-churning.
This practice was started in the villages of the great Rajasthan. The procedure includes boiling unprocessed milk, converting it into curd in clay pots, and then separating the butter to form the ghee.
The milk is purely hand-churned to preserve all its nutritious value.
- Helps in Weight Management
- Helps Manage Cholesterol Levels
- A Good Remedy for Skin
- Helps Reduce Joint Pain
- Contains A2 beta-casein protein
- Helps improve Digestion
- Available on Amazon and Flipkart
12. Shahji Pure Buffalo Ghee
Shahji pure Ghee is 100% made with Buffalo milk using hand-churn technology called a Bilona method. It is one of the finest Buffalo ghee available in the Indian market.
The flavour, essence and texture of the Shahji ghee are very natural. If you are some who just love buffalo ghee then you must try this.
This ghee does not include any chemicals, trans fats, dyes, salts or any other additives. It’s 100% natural. So Buffalo ghee lovers go for it.
Get the best deals on Amazon India, View now!
Differences between Cow Ghee & Buffalo Ghee
Most of the people use ghee daily but they don’t know the difference between them, Both cow and buffalo ghee have their own pros and cons.
You can read the 11 differences between both the animal’s ghee here.
- Ghee from buffalo milk is white in colour whereas ghee from a cow is yellowish in colour.
- Buffalo ghee has more calories as compared to cow ghee.
- Buffalo ghee is fatter and can be preservice for longer than cow ghee.
- Cow ghee contains lots of minerals, vitamins, calcium and protein whereas Buffalo ghee is enriched with minerals like phosphorus, potassium and magnesium along with calcium and protein.
- Cow ghee reduces obesity in children and protects from many diseases like thyroid, cardiovascular, etc.
- According to Ayurveda, the ghee makes from cow’s milk calms down pitta and increases the digestion power whereas the ghee prepared from buffalo’s milk increases Kapha.
- Since buffalo ghee is heavy to digest, it is not recommended for children or older age group.
- Buffalo ghee has less cholesterol and more fat, beneficial for healthy bones and teeth, also good for adding weight.
- Intake of cow ghee helps in losing weight as compared to buffalo ghee. Due to the less fat contained in cow ghee.
- Cow ghee is an excellent natural moisturizer and lubricator, which works well for maintaining the flexibility of human bone joints.
- Cow ghee has more medicinal propane is easier to digest.
Check out the frequently asked questions and answers related to the best ghee brands in India at Swagat Hai.
Which is the top desi cow ghee Indian brand?
According to our personal experiences, we recommend you to choose between these three Indian brands. Patanjali cow ghee, Kapiva A2 shudh cow desi ghee and Nandini pure cow ghee.
Which ghee is best cow or buffalo?
To find out the answer, you should check out our comparison guide between Cow Ghee and Buffalo Ghee. Get inside and read now.
Which ghee brand is 100% pure in the Indian market?
All desi ghee have 99.7% Fat and 0.3% moisture with the same nutritious value i. e. 900 Calories per 100 g. They contain the same fatty acids. It is difficult to put any particular Indian ghee brand name as the purest ghee. In this article, we review some of the best Indian ghee brands that may help you to choose the best quality ghee for you and your family.
Conclusion – Ghee Ke Tadke Ke Saath!
Gau Mata Ka Ghee Khao, Aur Mast Ho Jao!
So this was the list of top 12 best Desi Ghee brands which you can buy online in India.
Do let us know which ghee you use and what is your favourite thing about that brand in the comment section below.