Cooking oil is an essential and basic ingredient required for any Indian dish you want to prepare.
Whether you are making starters or main course, oil is something which is must for cooking and it adds flavour to your dish.
Editor’s Top Picks: 3 Best Cooking Oil In India
Before you get into the complete guide, Please find below top 3 cooking oil options in India for your quick reference. Click and read more on Amazon India.
With the changing world, the food habits of people are also changing. People are exploring and relishing all kinds of foods. I know you also want to taste different kinds of food.
But, the one thing that is stopping you from satisfying your taste buds is the quality of edible cooking oil in the market.
Well, the quality of edible oil is of paramount importance to ensure the safety of our and our loved one’s health. Nobody wants to compromise on the quality of cooking oil.
But, do we have the expertise to gauge the quality of cooking oil? Do we know the quality parameters on which cooking oils is measured?
That’s where this buying guide comes to your help.
We have provided a list of cooking oil products below after considering the following technical parameters.
- Free Fatty Acid Content
- Presence of Polar Compounds
- Acid Value
- Evaluating Lipid Oxidation
- Peroxide Value
- Unsaponifiable Matter
- p-Anisidine Value
Well, you don’t have to master all these parameters.
To cut short your efforts in figuring out the best cooking oil for you, we have performed research on our part and listed down some great cooking oil brands to help you save your time and energy.
Top 7 Edible Oil Brands in India with 16 Cooking Oil Options May 2021
Check out the best sixteen cooking oil products from the top seven edible oil brands in India below. And, happy feasting!
1. Fortune – Joy of Eating
- Started in 2000, by Adani Wilmar Group, Fortune is now a household name in the cooking oil category.
- The company believes in providing a healthy lifestyle to its customer by providing quality and nutrients rich edible oil.
- Fortune oils come in a variety of products viz., Sunflower, Mustard, Rice Bran, Soya Refined, and Olive etc.
- Fortune oil products are rich in antioxidants and fatty acids which are essential ingredients of any healthy diet plan.
- They are also rich in vitamins needed to keep the immune system in proper shape.
- The noteworthy point about Fortune oils is that they go through several purity tests keeping in mind the needs of cardiac patients.
- Above all Fortune offers edible oils at affordable prices.
4 Best Fortune Brand Cooking Oils in India at Swagat Hai
|Best Fortune Edible Oils in India||Check Offers & Buy|
|1. Fortune Sunlite Refined Sunflower Oil||Buy Now on Amazon|
|2. Fortune Kachi Ghani Pure Mustard Oil||Buy Now on Amazon|
|3. Fortune Rice Bran Oil (Best Healthy Oil)||Buy Now on Amazon|
|4. Fortune Vivo Oil ( Best Oil For Diabetics)||Buy Now on Amazon|
2. Saffola – Dil Se Healthy
- Saffola, is a subsidiary of Marico Industries, notable for their Parachute coconut oil.
- Saffola has garnered a lot of public appeal for its Losorb technology, which ensures that the food you consume absorbs less oil. This helps in reducing your overall oil consumption and hence keeps you fit.
- A significant aspect of Saffola is the perfect mix of two compounds omega 3 and oryzanol, known for building heart health.
- Because of its healthier options, it costs a bit high against its competitors.
- Some of the popular products of Saffola are Saffola Gold for Heart Care, Saffola Active for Weight Management, Saffola Total for Cholesterol Control and Saffola Tasty for Active Body.
- It is interesting to note that apart from India, Saffola has a considerable market capitalization in Asian and South African nations.
4 Best Saffola Brand Oil For Healthy Lifestyle in India
|Best Saffola Edible Oils in India||Check Offer Price on a Click|
|1. Saffola Total-Pro For Heart Edible Oil||Check Price on Amazon|
|2. Saffola Tasty Pro Fitness Edible Oil||Check Price on Amazon|
|3. Saffola Gold For Healthy Lifestyle||Check Price on Amazon|
|4. Saffola Oil For Weight Loss||Check Price on Amazon|
3. Dhara – Zara Sa Badlav
- Dhara a popular cooking oil brand in India is a subsidiary of Mother Diary products. It’s in the service of people since 1988. It has marked its name for its purity and freshness.
- Dhara products undergo sophisticated quality assurance using instruments such as GLC, HPLC, Rancimat etc., ensuring 100% purity.
- The various cooking oils under this brand includes viz., rice bran, mustard, refined mustard, Ghani, groundnut and refined vegetable oil.
- Dhara products are relatively cheaper and hence touted to be the best option for the middle-income group in India.
- One speciality of Dhara products is their packing material, which is of food-grade that helps in ensuring the oil longer shelf life.
- Apart from being inexpensive, Dhara oil is rich in taste and is value for money.
3 Best Dhara Edible Oil in India
|Best Dhara Oil in India||Check Offer Price with a Click|
|1. Dhara Kachi Ghani Mustard Oil||Check Price on Amazon|
|2. Dhara Sunflower Oil||Check Price on Amazon|
|3. Dhara Rice Bran Oil||Check Price on Amazon|
4. Nutrela – Enjoy Purity, Enjoy Health
- Nutrela Refined Soyabean Oil is known for its taste and health benefits.
- It is one of the top low absorption oils in the market.
- It has 5 times greater shelf life than most of its competitors.
- The striking feature of Nutrela Refined Soyabean Oil is its constituents. It contains natural plant sterols that reduce cholesterol and hence It’s the best fit for cardiac patients.
- Adding to the above facts, Nutrela Refined Soyabean Oil is 25 % lighter and is available at affordable price.
- This makes Nutrela Refined Soyabean Oil one of the best edible oils available in the market today.
5. Aadhar by Adani Wilmar
- Aadhar refined oil product is manufactured by Adani Wilmar Ltd., which is in the market from 2008, providing people with distinct oils viz., Refined Sunflower Oil, Fortune Kachi Ghani Pure Mustard Oil, Soyabean Oil etc.
- Aadhar refined oil has been valued by people for its low saturated fat level, as it is extracted from sunflower seeds.
- It has a massive reach among people for its guarantee of health benefits and a lightness of oil.
- As this Aadhar oil product comes from a certified company which also looks after packing operations it gives the oil longer preservation tenure.
- Thus, Aadhar refined oil is hugely available in service of people assuring the best quality.
6. Sundrop – Best Edible Oil
- Sundrop a subsidiary of Agro Tech Foods Limited has been in the market since 1989. With three decades of market presence and wide range of products, it is one of the most trusted brands in the cooking oil segment.
- Sundrop has a wide range of edible vegetable oils for their varied customers like the Superlite Advanced, Nutrilite, Nutrifit, Lite and Superlite Oil.
- Sundrop oil is known for its value proposition in terms of “Health”, “Taste”, “Lightness” & “Vitality”.
- Sundrop offers a rare combination of 100% purity with nutrient richness, which makes it stand apart from the league.
- Above all, Sundrop provides edible oil with all these great features at a very reasonable price.
7. Cargill – NatureFresh, Gemini, & More…
- Cargill India which is a part of the US food major Cargill, is one of the top leading edible oil manufacturers in the country.
- Cargill has a wide range of edible oil offerings for Indian customers under the names viz., NatureFresh, Gemini, Sweekar, Leonardo olive oil and Rath brands.
- Cargill’s NatureFresh Acti Heart’ cooking oil has higher Omega 3, which helps in fighting inflammation and provide a healthy lipid profile.
- Cargill is committed to providing the ‘best of nature’ to its cosmopolitan consumer.
Frequently Asked Questions About Edible Oils:
Which is the best cooking oil in India?
Best cooking oil which you can use is Ghee, Mustard oil, Sunflower oil, Olive oil, Flax-seed oil, and Groundnut oil. Make sure you choose the recommended brand and buy the cooking oil from the brand only.
Which cooking oil brand is best in India?
We recommend choosing oil from well-known brands like Saffola, Fortune, Dhara, Nutrela, and Sundrop. These brands are the smart choice of a healthy lifestyle.
Which cooking edible oil in India is good for health?
Groundnut (Peanut) oil have a healthy combination of fats along with good monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats and It is low in bad saturated fats. This healthy fats reduce the risk of heart disease and lower down the bad cholesterol levels in the body.
What is edible oil made of?
Edible oil is extracted from the seeds of various plants like groundnut, mustard, sesame, safflower, linseed, castor seed and olives. The edible oil is prepared with the help of machines.
Choose the best cooking oil as per your requirement from the above list.
And above all, explore all kinds of food to the contentment of your heart. We wish you a tasty and healthy meal!
So which edible oil do you use for your family? Let us know in the comment section below.